Posted on March 24 2018
HOW DO I GET THE MOST FROM MY PILLAR CANDLE?
Pillar candles are designed to hold the wax within the candle, and as it burns down into the center, results in a lovely glow. <see video>
- Before lighting, remove any labels.
- When you first light your pillar candle, let the pool of wax reach within ¼” of the outside edge, then extinguish. This will set the candle’s “memory” for all future burns. Continuous short burning times will cause the candle to tunnel, resulting in a drowned wick and wasted wax.
- Before lighting always trim the wick to ¼.”
- If dripping or smoking occurs, extinguish the candle, allow the wax to harden and trim the wick.
- Always place pillar candles on a heat-resistant surface, never directly on furniture or counter tops.