Are Candles Safe?
You may have asked yourself this question. You may have googled around for other opinions or read some articles written about it.
Here are some facts about our candles and you can decide what is best for you:
- Our L'Aroma Therapie Collection is made with a coconut oil wax blend and exclusively fragranced with essential oils. https://candlemart.com/collections/laroma-therapie-essential-oil-collection
- Almost all of our other candle lines are made from natural wax blends. The waxes we use in these blends (which are all food grade) are: vegetable, palm and paraffin.
- All of our dyes are from the finest sources in Europe and are triple-milled for excellent quality
- Our fragrance oils are blended in the US and sourced from ingredients worldwide
- Our wicks have no lead
Candles.org might be a helpful resource for you when trying to decide if you want to burn candles, and if you do - which brands to purchase. We are a member of the National Candle Association.
The National Candle Association (NCA) is recognized throughout North America as the technical authority and industry voice for responsible candle manufacturing.
NCA members pledge to:
- Promote the manufacture of candles and candle products in accordance with recognized industry standards and practices.
- Promote the safe and proper use of candles and candle products.
- Pursue product excellence through quality formulations, testing and prudent manufacturing processes.
- Foster technical advances and innovation in candle making.
- Uphold consumer confidence through a commitment to product quality and corporate responsibility.
- Foster and safeguard a fair and responsible marketplace.
Here is a clip from one of their studies:
"Validated scientific studies have shown that all major candle waxes exhibit the same basic burn behavior and produce virtually identical combustion byproducts, both in terms of composition and amount. To date, no peer-reviewed scientific study has ever collected or analyzed any emissions data on any candle wax, including petroleum-based paraffin, and proven them to be harmful to human health."
You can find alot of answers here:
In my opinion, there is so much information these days - you have to read and research all you can, and then you just have to decide for yourself, what you believe and what is safe for your family.
I can tell you that I and several others have worked here at Hanna's for more than 15 years and have been burning our candles in our homes for all of that time, and have not had problems.
Happy Melting and Burning!